Monday, 29 April 2013

HUMMUS


As you probably know the garbanzo beans or chickpeas are very common  in our diet in Spain. Children are used to eat them from baby in puree. It is a very healthy dish but you can get bored. So I have adopt this arab recipe that changes them. 


Como probablemente sabeis los garbanzos  son muy comunes en nuestra dieta en España. Los niños están acostumbrados a comerlos desde bebés en puré. Es un plato muy saludable, pero que pueden llegar a aburrir. Así que he adoptado esta receta árabe que los cambia.


Ingredients:

 400 gr of boiled chickpeas or garbanzo beans
3-5 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon tahini
2 cloves garlic,crushed,
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons olive oil
5-6 branches parsley
1 tablespoons paprika

400 gr de garbanzos cocidos 
3-5 cucharadas de jugo de limón
1 cucharada de tahini
2 dientes de ajo, machacado,
1/2 cucharadita de sal
2 cucharadas de aceite de oliva
5-6 ramas de perejil
1 cucharadita de pimentón 



Mix the ingredientes in the food processor except the paprica a little bit of olive oil and a branch of parsley to decorate

Mezclar los Ingredientes en la batidora, excepto el pimentón un poco de aceite de oliva y una rama de perejil para decorar

It's very easy and delicious
Es muy facil y delicioso


Pin It

12 comments:

  1. Good Morning Marina, Oooh, you have made one of my favourites....houmus....just so delicious.
    When I lived in Cyprus, this was the part of a mezze which I loved.
    Best Wishes
    Daphne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your recipe for hummus sounds wonderful, thank you for it. I love garbanzo beans! Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nunca lo he probado, pero tiene una pinta que ni te cuento... Feliz lunes :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmmmmmmmmmmmm que buena pinta tienen, yo quiero un plato

    Un saludo,

    Pedro

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Marina,
    I have never been a fan of hummus as I found it, as you say, a little boring, but I intend to try this recipe of yours because it looks very nice - I shall tell you how it turns out!
    Bye for now
    Kirk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love hummus and do something similar but I add fresh coriander too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. !!! Está diciendo cómeme !! que pinta tiene. Pero como soy muy golosa,me quedo con la entrada de la tarta de queso...... !!! a eso si que no me resisto !!.
    Un beso.


    ReplyDelete
  8. Hummus is one of my favorite! I never make it during winter time but now that days get warmer I shall make it again! Thanks for remembering! You have a lovely blog and I happily register and add you on my blog list! Greetings to beautiful Spain! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will register later - somehow it does not work at the moment! Christa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just came back to register and saw that you have added me on your blog list! How kind! Muchas gracias! Looking forward to seeing more of you! Christa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christa, I was wondering what was your name and suddenly I find your comments in my blog as a new follower, this is amazing and lovely, thank you very much, Where are you from??

      Delete
  11. In our house we love humus too. I make it often.

    ReplyDelete