Monday, 3 June 2013

ROBINSON JEFFERS AND TOR HOUSE/ rOBINSON JEFFERS Y LA CASA TOR


John Robinson Jeffers / 1887-1962/ VIA


Sometimes, you listen a story and nothing happens but in other cases a story can grab you. Last Saturday I knew the story of Jeffers his house and his tower.
He was an American poet. Most of Jeffers' poetry was written in narrative and epic form but today he is also known for his short verse. He met Una Call Kuster in 1906 his loving wife.
A veces, escuchas una historia y no pasa nada, pero en otros casos una historia puede atraparte. El sábado pasado conocí la historia de Jeffers, su casa y su torre.
Fué una poeta americano. La mayor parte de su poesía la escribió en narrativa y epica pero también es conocido por su verso corto.Conoció a Una Call Kuster en 1906 su amada esposa.




UNA JEFFERS

Jeffers built Tor House and Hawk Tower with his own hands as a home and refuge for himself and his family.
Jeffers construyó la Casa Tor y la Torre del Halcón con sus propias manos, hogar y refugio para él y su familia.

HAWK TOWER
Una used to spend her time in the Tower and the story tells that she also used to do spiritism there.
Una solía pasar el tiempo en la torre y la historia nos cuenta que también solía hacer espiritismo allí.


The stone was very important for him, he gave much importance to natural materials.
La piedra fué muy importante para él, le dió mucha importancia a los materiales naturales




Wood / Madera


VIA

JEFFERS' FAMILY
FAMILIA JEFFERS

I invite you to look for more information on the web, I think you can discover interesting things
Os invito a buscar más información en la red, creo que podeis descubrir cosas interesantes
Pin It

19 comments:

  1. What a fabulous story - so close to nature. I love the picture of the inside with the polished wood; so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dee! I'm astonished by these people and their way of life and I wanted to share it

      Delete
  2. Me has dejado muy intrigada, ahora mismo me voy a la web a seguir esta historia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Se dice que Una Jeffers se aparece en la Torre...¿?

      Delete
  3. What a lovely home, that's a beautiful room that you've shown. I will look to see if I can find more photos of the interior.
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found more if you find something else, please let me know

      Delete
  4. It's pretty. I've never been there, and I lived in California for 18 years. I use to visit Carmel, and take whoever was visiting us to the mission in Carmel, which is a beauty. Darn. Now I live 800 miles from there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these posts you are doing lately. This place is special to me because I adore stone homes. This one is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natural materials are always great!

      Delete
  6. What a beautiful life - writing poetry and building this lovely stone home - a poem in itself! If I ever get the chance to travel there, I must go and see this. Thank you for sharing, Marina! Hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can go some day, Karen!

      Delete
  7. Intrigante relato Marina! Iré a ver que más descubro de él!

    Besos guapa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Otra a la que has dejado intrigada... Voy a buscar más info..

    Besines.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me gustan estas historias, dicen que Una Jeffers se aparece en la torre ¿?

      Delete
  9. Dearest Marina,
    Jeffers for sure wanted to live and breath inside something that reflected the environment he was existing in. That probably did inspire all of his writing...
    Hugs,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete